Sunday, May 29, 2011

Kenton Dunson - Rolling Stone ft. Garrett Anderson


The "Rolling Stone" idea came to me while I was on an Amtrak train leaving a weekend of recording in a Philadelphia hotel room to come back to Baltimore and record in another. The whole idea of hopping the train solo to different cities to handle business made me feel like a vagabond in a way...I really felt like a rolling stone. I murmured a makeshift hook in my phone and went directly to the piano when I pulled in. From there I just built on the theme lyrically and melodically. The storyline came naturally, I actually started seeing the visuals as I was creating the sound and the song just came to life. After the structure was set up, I felt the need for a different vocal texture than what I had laid down on the hook. It was only right to call my friend and former band mate, Garrett Anderson who has an incredible vocal tone...I also talked him into bringing his Les Paul in to rip some guitar. He absolutely nailed it. The track is on fire...it couldn't have turned out any better.

Rolling Stone Feat. Garrett Anderson by Kenton Dunson

No comments: