Saturday, August 7, 2010

Manny Pacquiao, Tired Of Waiting, Wants To Fight Floyd Mayweather Jr In November. (News)

                     





For some strange reason, a fight that stands to earn Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr a reported $30 million dollars apiece has not yet been made.

Negotiations have twice stalled. Well, according to Mayweather's camp there was never a second negotiation while Pacquiao's camp insists there was.

Initially, the fight couldn't be made because Mayweather insisted on Olympic style drug testing. The sticking point came down to how close to the fight, the blood testing would cease.

Unable to agree, both fighters moved on to other opponents. Pac Man easily beat Joshua Clottey while Mayweather disposed of Sugar Shane Mosely.

Now it starting to look like Golden Boy Promotions, which represents Mayweather is having trouble negotiating with Bob Arum, who is Pacquiao's promoter.

Out of nowhere, an unlikely name has popped up, and it just might be the best thing for all involved except for Golden Boy. Veteran promoter Don King has been cozying up to Mayweather.

According to ESPN, Floyd recently spent some time with King while in Florida looking for a new crib.

"I love Floyd. Floyd's my man," said King. "He'll get the soup to nuts treatment [if he signs]. He was down there with me for a week in Florida. He's buyin' him a nice place down there. And so it's no downside with me with Floyd because the people that have him, they gonna give him more money to keep him away from me if he stays with them. If he comes with me, he'll have a whole new vista, a whole new arena that he can play on. I can get more money than anyone out there. They can't stop that."

King is 100% sure he can make this fight happen right away.

"Me and Bob would get that fight done in two shakes of a lamb's tail," King said. "If I was there working with Bob Arum, this fight would have been history. It'd be ready now and we'd be talking about how we gonna promote. It wouldn't be nothing put a piece of cake. But even then it would be so much bigger that what it would be if he were to make with Golden Boy or Al [Haymon]. They cannot make the fight as big as Arum and I can make it. They are not in the class of a Bob Arum."

This is great news to Pacquiao, who has grown tired of waiting for the fight to happen. He is ready to take the blood tests and lace the gloves up now. He is even willing to push aside his fight with Antonio Margarito to make it happen as early as November 13 according to BoxingScene.com.

"I hope Mayweather is serious enough in doing business with Don King and is not doing this only to save face. I hope Don King does the same in return, that he can make miracles happen. I say this to both these men: Let's Get It On. Fight like warriors and brave men," Pacquiao said.

"I am the champion, I have the belts and I should not be the one challenging you. I should not even be the one trying to make this fight happen. But Pacquiao vs Mayweather is what everyone wants, that's why I am calling out your names. My promoter Bob Arum will be waiting for your call and will be very glad to hear what you have to say. The sooner, the better..."

Now that's what every fight fan wants to hear, now let's get it!

No comments: