Tuesday, August 17, 2010

50 Cent Spills His Lowest & Proudest Life Moments (News)



VIBE:

What goes down, must come up.

LOSE SOME:

 There are certain things artists do that I can’t get away with. Eminem could put on a dress as a joke and people will go, “Oh that’s Eminem.” 50 Cent will do it and they’ll have a heart attack.

 Hip-hop culture, it shifts. Consumers have a low attention span. They want as much as possible when you’re in that window and then you’ll see a new artist come out and see him all over the place.

 My grandparents, because they had nine children, didn’t have anything that you would look at and say, “This is the lifestyle I want to be a part of.” [There wasn’t anything] that would influence you to want to go in [their] direction.

 I don’t respect enough of the artists to be out on everyone’s record. It just doesn’t make sense to me. You know whose career makes a lot of sense to me? Andre 3000’s does. He’s still interesting.

 I regret not going into film production faster. I [have] an interest in the storytelling process in filmmaking, but I never really allowed myself to go into it with the same type of focus and excitement that I do with music.


WIN SOME:

 My son’s a better version of me. He has some of my mannerisms, some of my attitude. My competitive side is definitely there. [But] he missed the hardships I had.

 G-Unit hasn’t lost the ability to generate $4 million a year touring. That says that the music, the body of work to this point, it worked. And it’s still working.

 With Things Fall Apart, I committed to a project that was pretty tough. Extremes, so people would see and understand that there is a passion there without getting to see a frame of film. So they say, “He lost 54 pounds in nine weeks for his role.”

 The case Lil Wayne is in jail for now, when T.I. went, when Gucci Mane went—that was supposed to be 50 Cent. Sometimes I look at artists when they get in trouble after success and it makes me feel like they didn’t experience enough of that prior to the success. If you did, you would know better.

 [Around my signing], Damon Dash made reference to a million dollars being no money . . . in a kind of derogatory way. When he said that, I paid close attention to where I was at financially. But maybe he should’ve paid attention to his.

No comments: