Monday, June 28, 2010

The Bikram Experience


For all those looking for a new challenge or new exercise, try Brikram Yoga:
A series of 26 poses and 2 breathing exercises performed in a heated sauna room type. The heat makes it possible to stretch tendons and muscles.This exercises helps, oxygenated blood to the body, to each organ and fiber, restoring all systems to a healthy working order promoting proper weight, muscle tone, vibrant good health, and a sense of well-being.



The class is held in a huge carpeted room with mirrors and a instructor to help talk you threw the intense exercise.

I had my first experience last week in Harlem along with family and a friend. I figure I give it a shot hearing that yoga is a good away to relief stress and tension. Lords know how stress I have been. Not knowing what I was getting myself into, I prepped myself did a little stretch and put on little as clothing possible.

Just walking into the class I thought I was in Africa. I couldn’t breath, I immediately started to sweat and I needed water right then and there. Remind you I haven’t even begun the 90 minute class. I have to admit I am not in the best of shape but I have energy and I am rather flexible for my size. Surprised to see so many people on Tuesday night with all the same in mind.

It begun and I was up for the challenge. Some beginners as my self, some intermediate, some very advance. Different body types and structures but all one thing in common, wanting the work out.
20 minutes into session, I am pouring sweat from my hair like nobody’s business. Pants and tank top soaked just from intense stretching of the body. Heat blasting and all I keep seeing is the sweat pouring from my face and the look on my best friend's face. Priceless!!!

55 minutes in water bottom half empty. Thought I was a acrobat with all the poses and the bending and etc. I started to feel all those muscles that I haven’t been using in years cracking and ripping. The bending, the stretching, had me loosening up those useless muscles.. As the sweating got more intense the exercise made me start to focus more. I exhaled and before I knew it, I was done.

500 calories lost, all those bad toxins out for the day, I felt amazing. The instructor was great as well he acknowledges u , we all need a little encouragement from time to time.

I realize how good I felt and how much this will allow me to just focus on myself. This was my time to relax and put my energy else where. I recommend this to everyone. You will Laugh, struggle and sweat.

Take the challenge..

Give it a shot!
Bikram Yoga Harlem
518 W 145th St, NY, NY 10031 tel : 212.926.0753

The Thoughts Of Ms. Ncakes!


No comments: