Monday, June 21, 2010

Amber Rose (news)




Amber Rose is a name that easily brings thoughts of glamour to mind, and the woman who bears that moniker possesses just enough mystery and intrigue to keep the paparazzi swarming around her every move. Born into an underprivileged circumstance in South Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, the Cape Verdean/Italian beauty learned at a young age to keep her head up and persevere despite the hurdles that life may bring.

“I grew up very poor, raised by a single mother,” Amber says. “We didn't have much as far as material things, but we had love and we had fun all the time. She raised me to have confidence and always taught me to be humble no matter what God brought my way… I’m confident in everything I do in life.”

For Amber, that confidence has been key in dealing with her rapid evolution straight into celebrity status. With that notoriety has come a great deal of interest and questions relating to her sensual nature captured in photographs and her possible bisexuality. Where some may say there’s a fine line between purely being in touch with your sexuality and self-exploitation, Amber simply explains, “I’m very comfortable with my body, even in my home I’m always naked. I love being free – no hair and no clothes!” And regarding her preference of gender in a relationship?  Gender isn’t the real issue as far as she’s concerned – “The thing that people don’t understand when it comes to a relationship with a man or woman is that it’s not about sex at all, even though that’s the first thing that pops in your head. It’s about the love and the vibe you get from the person, and I believe you can find that in anyone.” And even with being in a bit of denial about her newfound place in pop culture, she still recognizes the need for privacy every now and then.

“Well, I don't look at myself as [a celebrity]. I'm just a dope chick from South Philly!” Amber laughingly proclaims. “I mean, it's crazy when fans come up to me and cry and just want a hug from me. It bugs me out! But it’s really cool. Sometimes it does get overwhelming because, for example, I like to be on the beach with my man with no top on… I'm very comfortable with my body… But there’s no privacy – that’s the only thing that overwhelms me. Every time I see a light flash I think it’s the paparazzi. Those fuckers give me anxiety.”





read full story:yrbmagazine

No comments: